What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyattach - ifile

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i stored most of my documents on "flashdrive HD" app.

can anyone assist me how can i attach my documents from my "flashdrive hd" - (or any other app that has storage capability) - to my native email apps using the "anyattach" app and "ifile ?"

i tried opening up the "ifile" app, but i kinda lost with all the folders and sub-folders .. .. even the contents of the application folder in "ifile" are named with numbers and letters that i cannot understand

am not a tech savvy .. i am worried i might make a wrong step in the "ifile"

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First thing you want to do is go to the settings for the AnyAttach tweak (in the stock iPad Settings app). You'll see a line titled "File Picker Settings." One of the options is "Show App Names." This will put all those numbers and letters into English (or your language) so you can tell what app you are looking at.

Incidentally, I have all those turned on, so I can also see hidden files and the entire filesystem of the iPad. You may want to enable all that also.

Then, when you use AnyAttach (by pressing the paperclip in an e-mail), you'll be able to see the names of your apps. You may want to have already written down the exact address of your Flashdrive HD app, so you can browse right to it. Then, you'll be able to attach a file from it.

Hope this helps. Do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marilyn ..

it worked just fine .. terrific, thank you so much .. i didn't turn on the show hidden files, though .. i just didnt see the need for it ..

another question is if i wanted to safe a document from safari or a browser, the page downloaded to "ifile", and the same problem arises, the application names appear as letter and number ..

is there a tweak to get around this ?

Most reactions

Latest posts