What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail Contact Groups Sync with Ipad Contacts?

glk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to get my google contact groups I have set up in gmail to sync with the ipad so they show up as the same groups on the ipad?

Thanks,

JustinOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure can... Go in and add an exchange account (exchange is the key). Use m.google.com as the server. Use your full email address as your username and your normal gmail password. It will then ask you for a domain, which is again m.google.com. You can then sync your calendar, contacts and email that way. This works for the iPhone too for those people who switched from an android phone (like me).

Good luck!

OP
G

glk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's correct. I did find an app that copies your gmail contact groups (I created in gmail) that copies your contacts and gmail contact groups to the iPad. Only problem it does not automatically sync them. Maybe the developer can eventually get them to sync.

Name of app: contacts sync with groups for gmail.

It's in the app store for free. Seems to work OK.

eltabry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
use any other browser like opera
login ur mail
at bottom of mail page
chose basic html view
'll browse mail like desktop

Most reactions

Latest posts