What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gifts to the USA.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
It might be a strange question I'm asking but I'm coming up blank everywhere I have tried.
Ok.....
I want to send some gifts from the UK to someone in the USA and one of the gifts are two obsolete bank notes (£1 and a ten Shilling note)
These notes haven't been currency here in a long time.
Does anyone know if I am allowed to send these to the USA or would there be a problem with Customs?

Hope someone can help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Poisonivy - since these are outdated/discontinued paper currency, their main value would be as 'collectibles' and not actual money - thus, likely no different that sending a letter, pictures, or other such item - of course, if these are valuable, the method of shipment and need for insurance would be considerations, in my mind.

Also, quoted below from HERE, money still in circulation can be mailed w/i the UK or USA (or 'across the pond') - so, I see no problem. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.12.26 PM.png

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Poisonivy - since these are outdated/discontinued paper currency, their main value would be as 'collectibles' and not actual money - thus, likely no different that sending a letter, pictures, or other such item - of course, if these are valuable, the method of shipment and need for insurance would be considerations, in my mind.

Also, quoted below from HERE, money still in circulation can be mailed w/i the UK or USA (or 'across the pond') - so, I see no problem. Dave :)
View attachment 79846
Ah right....
Thanks very much Dave.

Most reactions

Latest posts