What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gift for Wife - iPad or Macbook?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lutherian said:
If you love your wife - you'll buy her an Android... or else she's be forced to buy an app for every godforsaken thing ... connect to a windows share to watch a movie you got? forget about it ... ka-ching, buy an app. Once she learns Andoird, she won't look back - don't under-estimate your wife's technical ability, she just "likes" Apple because all the adverts tells her she should.

If you love yourself - you'd use Linux.

If apple could charge you for the air they breathe - they would, they have no moral core. Windows, less so, they want you to pay fair and square, and Linux God bless it - gives it to you for free if you are willing to learn.

May I suggest that you crawl back to your Linux forum and leave us Apple fools alone. Just my opinion.

OP
P

phorts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a new apple convert from over 20 years with Windows, I wouldn't wish Windows anything on my worst enemy!

Actually, I own an android phone and I bought her an Android Tablet (Galaxy 10.1) that she doesnt care for. If i love my wife, i'll get her what she wants...

good day.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
phorts said:
Thanks all for your very helpful insight. I think you talked me off the ledge of trying to go iPad only and use it as the sole device. I think my desires of having a machine that can edit photos, manage iTunes, create docs and store tons of stuff makes it pretty much a no brainer to go with a Macbook or iMac.

So, what i'm going to do is try to find a used Macbook AND iPad. going new might set me back $2000. Going used i could probably get a model version older on both and save 50%.

Everyone wins :)

Thanks for your help everyone!

You could look at the new surface tablet. I don't have one, but if you YouTube it i think it might be everything you want.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I own an android phone and I bought her an Android Tablet (Galaxy 10.1) that she doesnt care for. If i love my wife, i'll get her what she wants...

good day.
I've done the Android thing too. It's OK but nothing special.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
phorts said:

good day.

That wasn't entirely necessary.

Most reactions

Latest posts