What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Photos From iCloud

sgpbike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am unable to get my photos on my iPad from iCloud. I called Apple support and was told that this was not available for the iPad, only iPad 2. Is this correct? If not, how do I get the photos from Photo Stream to my iPad.

andyxmas2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sgpbike said:
I am unable to get my photos on my iPad from iCloud. I called Apple support and was told that this was not available for the iPad, only iPad 2. Is this correct? If not, how do I get the photos from Photo Stream to my iPad.

I'm having same issue with my iPad 2. I can get pictures to the laptop. But not from th laptop to the ipad2

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Photo stream is basically for new pictures, taken after photo stream is set up and working. It takes the pictures from the camera roll not from the pictures file in iPhoto.
Set up iCloud and confirm it is working
Turn on photo stream, remember that it works when you are on wifi.

Take a picture with your iPhone and or iPad 2 ( no camera on the iPad 1).
Several minutes later it will sync across your IOS devices as well as with iTunes. All this via iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

srtsniper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davidalan99 said:
Photo stream is basically for new pictures, taken after photo stream is set up and working. It takes the pictures from the camera roll not from the pictures file in iPhoto.
Set up iCloud and confirm it is working
Turn on photo stream, remember that it works when you are on wifi.

Take a picture with your iPhone and or iPad 2 ( no camera on the iPad 1).
Several minutes later it will sync across your IOS devices as well as with iTunes. All this via iCloud.

Can you tell me how to load photos onto photo album

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
srtsniper said:
Can you tell me how to load photos onto photo album

Drag and drop them into the folder that contains your photos then sync with iTunes.

Tjwilson35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all still having trouble with the whole photo thing, bought the wife a iPad she already has iPhone with a truck load of photos on the phone.the phone had not been updated to ISP 5.1 , but is now but the existing photos from the phone have not come across to the iPad I have backed up both to iCloud back up but those dam photos have not come across from phone to iPad , is it because they were existing photos and have just relished that even now on both mine and the wife's new photos taken on our phone s arnt syncing with our iPads HELP PLEASE

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tjwilson35 said:
Hi all still having trouble with the whole photo thing, bought the wife a iPad she already has iPhone with a truck load of photos on the phone.the phone had not been updated to ISP 5.1 , but is now but the existing photos from the phone have not come across to the iPad I have backed up both to iCloud back up but those dam photos have not come across from phone to iPad , is it because they were existing photos and have just relished that even now on both mine and the wife's new photos taken on our phone s arnt syncing with our iPads HELP PLEASE

Photo stream is for new pictures.
One way to get old pictures from your iPhone to all IOS devices would be via iTunes with wired sync.
Are you currently using iTunes?
Are you using iPhoto to control you photos on your Mac
Are you on a Mac or PC
In iTunes confirm that all photos are set to be syncs

If you choose not to sync with a computer, an other way would be to get Dropbox (free for 5 gigs) of storage. Place and or save all photos to Dropbox on any device or computer, then open them you can view them on any and all devices that have the Dropbox program installed.

Most reactions

Latest posts