What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Music onto My Ipad without iTunes

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am talking about M4V and MP3 files—YES, I did purchase them legitimately. I hate iTunes and since I am jailbroken I am hoping I can just SSH the files into a directory and take another step or 2.

Please don't suggest the Amazon Cloud player. The player has an annoying bug: When playing albums, the transition between songs in not normal—There is too much of a gap between songs. I only want to get the songs into the iPad "Music" app.

Please advise.

Thanks

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never mind—I got it. I spent $1.99 mon a Cydia program called Bridge, I used Winscp to transfer files to the iPad (any folder) - Then Bridge imported them into the "offical " music library and they play without issues.

It would be nice though to know exactly what Bridge does - I suspect it creates some *.plist files that are associated with the songs.

Most reactions

Latest posts