What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting cell service .iPad thinks I have an account, cannot ign up

AnnieH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to sign up for cellular on my iPad, but having tried once and had the signal drop in the middle, my iPad does not acknowledge thqt i do not have service.... Hiw do i sign up so i have coverwge when i travel, even though there is ni coverage in my residential area, and how do i convince iPad that i do not have an axcount and need to begin again. I have tried retrieving passwords in all of my addresses, but nothing ever comes, so i know that i do not have an account.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AnnieH said:
I have been trying to sign up for cellular on my iPad, but having tried once and had the signal drop in the middle, my iPad does not acknowledge thqt i do not have service.... Hiw do i sign up so i have coverwge when i travel, even though there is ni coverage in my residential area, and how do i convince iPad that i do not have an axcount and need to begin again. I have tried retrieving passwords in all of my addresses, but nothing ever comes, so i know that i do not have an account.

Have you tried going into settings, general and then reset all settngs? That will reset your settings and preferences

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We might need a bit more information - you give your location as 'Nh' - is that New Hampshire in the USA? Who is your carrier - is it AT&T or Verizon? In some countries, iPads come with pre-authorised SIM cards that have a little 'free' credit, so they are, effectively, authorised already. All you need to do is to add more to the account.

Tim

OP
A

AnnieH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
We might need a bit more information - you give your location as 'Nh' - is that New Hampshire in the USA? Who is your carrier - is it AT&T or Verizon? In some countries, iPads come with pre-authorised SIM cards that have a little 'free' credit, so they are, effectively, authorised already. All you need to do is to add more to the account.

Tim

NH, USA the far northern end. My carrier would be AT&T, but they don't show coverage in my residential area... But i cannot access when i travel either.

OP
A

AnnieH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HedgeHogLuvva said:
Have you tried going into settings, general and then reset all settngs? That will reset your settings and preferences

I just tried that, it looks like it might work... I just have to try to sign up again when I am somewhere with a signal. It also made a fault with this app so I had to delete and reinstall it.

Most reactions

Latest posts