What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GetGlue Arrives for iPad and Decides to Stick Around

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P0tkjkSO20]YouTube - GetGlue Promo[/ame]​

Mashable reports that popular sharing and recommendation site GetGlue has launched its own iPad app, following the successful launch of the iPhone app. With GetGlue for iPad, users can “check-in†to their favourite TV shows, such as Glee, or movies such as Scott Pilgrim, as well as books, music, games and many other categories. You can also see what your friends are watching, listening to and reading, and share your “likes†with them as well as getting suggestions based on your likes. Partners such as Maker, freeloader, Happiness Consultant and HBO also offer rewards to users, in the shape of points and stickers, and with Fox having just signed a new deal with GetGlue, fans can also collect stickers for hit Fox shows such as Glee and Bones.

The GetGlue iPad app, which Wired calls “the single most useful social networking tool I’ve encounteredâ€, is free to download here from the iPad App Store.

Source: Mashable

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the App a couple of days ago. It crashes and closes frequently, besides that I do not really see the value of rating movies and other things-everyone has such different taste what I like might not have any value to someone else. Not sure If I am going to keep it on my Ipad at this point.

Maryelens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GetGlue interesting applet, however, I wonder how quickly this will become another of those applications that raises privacy concerns. If you don't like something quickly enough, does that mean you're not home? Can access to the share be controlled enough for security concerns?

Most reactions

Latest posts