What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gesture missing with new IOS 5 upgrade?

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I updated last night...I've noticed when I open a folder I have to tap on the screen now to get it to close? Used to be I was able to swipe it closed but not anymore...my 5 finger gestures still work though...anyone else notice this?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I updated last night...I've noticed when I open a folder I have to tap on the screen now to get it to close? Used to be I was able to swipe it closed but not anymore...my 5 finger gestures still work though...anyone else notice this?

Nope, 4 finger pinch works fine for me.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My 4 finger pinch works fine....I'm talking about when you open a folder...in order to close it I used to just SLIDE it closed with 1 finger swipe up or down. I cannot do this anymore. I have to tap?? Annette

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We're you able to "slide" folders shut prior to this update? When I got my iPad last April I managed to enable the multi touch gestures myself. I wonder if maybe with this update the slide was turned into a tap or what? Annette

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was one of the first things I noticed: that you can no longer swipe your folders closed. Tapping folders closed isn't nearly as slick as swiping them closed. :( (I'm using iPad2)

I never used the instructions to activate the fancier multi finger gesturing because they said it would be activated with iOS5. If it was, I haven't figured it out yet.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone knows how to enable the swipe feature? I miss that!

Most reactions

Latest posts