What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FREE IBook in IBook Store (MetaGame)

Sam Landstrom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[Edit: MetaGame has been picked up by a publisher who is only making the ebook available on Kindle *AND* MetaGame is no longer free ($2.99 as of writing this). You can get the free Kindle reading app for iPad/iPhone here and then get the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LSTK7C"]Kindle version here[/ame]. Thanks! [End of Edit]

My novel MetaGame is FREE as an IBook. Just search on "MetaGame" in your IPad IBook store. Also, here's a link that might work: http://itunes.apple.com/book/metagame/id365938813

It already has great reviews on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LSTK7C"]Amazon[/ame] and it's FREE so no reason not to download it. This is not a promotion, this is a COMPLETE book with no strings attached. Heck, it's not even part of a series (not yet), so it's not bait for other books. The paperback doesn't even come out until September, so you're getting an early version thanks to your high-tech proclivity.

BTW, someone please reply to this thread to let me know if it looks OK on the IPad (I don't have one).

Thanks,
Sam

P.S. here's the blurb about the book:
/////////
Blurb:
Life is a game, literally. Winners earn immortality, while losers are condemned to aging and death. D_Light, a gifted player, knows this all too well and he's willing to do anything to win-even kill. It is no wonder then that when given the chance to enter a MetaGame-an exclusive, high-stakes, anything goes contest-he's quick to jump at the opportunity. The MetaGame starts out well enough for D_Light, the first quest being to hunt down a dangerous fugitive, but through his own ambition, the tables turn and D_Light finds himself the renegade. Now, D_Light pits himself against his world to find the truth behind "The Game" and must decide between winning it and saving what's left of his humanity.

This novel blends emerging political and cultural trends, such as gaming culture, globalization, and the ever-increasing hegemony of corporations, with technological trends, such as genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality. Emerging from this stew is an original world to explore through the point of view of several of its "players".
////////

Last edited:
OP
S

Sam Landstrom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Sam, just started this book and it is very well written , I will be up late tonight for sure.

Hey thanks for downloading it! Based on your response, I'm guessing that the formatting is looking good on IPad. I don't have one, so I can't test it on my end.

Thanks,
Sam

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Got it! Thanks!

I do wish this post was in our iBooks forum. I would really like to see the iBooks forum get active.....

OP
S

Sam Landstrom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it! Thanks!

I do wish this post was in our iBooks forum. I would really like to see the iBooks forum get active.....

Bremen, thanks for downloading it. I didn't know there was an iBook forum. I'll browse around for it...

Sam

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded and look forward to giving it a try after I get through my backlog of iBooks.;)

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded and started reading, appears 100% format-wise.
Reserving judgment on the story until I've read through it. :p
Would you mind sharing what application or method you used to make the journey from text to epub?

Most reactions

Latest posts