What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free ebooks for Apple iPhone and iPad users at iBooks store Free Category.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yup. The free section has been there for a long time; a good place to pick up that classic you always meant to read.

Another great place to get some free reads is Baen.com. They have a rotating free library of mostly science fiction and fantasy. Download the ePub versions and open in iBooks. And unlike Apple's free section (mostly copyright expired books from Project Gutenberg), most are current authors and popular titles.

If you go there often, be nice and buy a book or two. Be a shame if they went out of business or had to change their business model to a more restrictive one.

There is a hitch. You're in real danger of getting hooked on a series or author. I am so hooked I often find my self buyin eARC (electronic Advance Reader Copies) instead of waiting for the cheaper, fully edited versions which won't be out for another few months. But only for authors or a series I really love.

There are other sources of free books, of course. Amazon (similar to iBooks free selection if you don't have Prime), Barnes & Noble, etc.; but Baen is by far my favorite.

Last edited:

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow thats interesting I never knew there were ebooks for free. yes I know this post is old but I had to comment.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow thats interesting I never knew there were ebooks for free. yes I know this post is old but I had to comment.
They're mostly older, out of copyright, classics and the various Apple user Guides that Apple offers for its devices. If you want even more free books you can look up Project Gutenberg which offers thousands of free books from its website and through various third party apps that allow you to access and download any title in the Project Gutenberg library.

Most reactions

Latest posts