What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Betty Crocker Cookbook App Launched

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

General Mills has launched a free Betty Crocker Cookbook app for the iPad, featuring 2,500 of the most popular Betty Crocker recipes, high-res recipe photos to really make your mouth water and step-by-step cooking instructions.

Created by General Mills in collaboration with Schematic, the electronic cookbook features a highly intuitive recipe search interface, where you simply have to touch the screen to browse through recipes in more than 20 categories, including appetizers, meats, breads, main dishes, cakes, condiments, desserts, salads and many more. The app also includes a special "cook mode", featuring simplified instructions in an easy-to-read format, so that you can use it in the kitchen while cooking.

An added bonus is the fact that the Betty Crocker recipe photos are even more beautiful on the iPad's crisp, back-lit screen. Imagine the photo of Brownie Ganache Torte with Raspberries on the iPad's screen! People who read cookbooks like novels will want to curl up on the couch with their iPad and scroll through the delicious photographs.

“Betty Crocker may be a historical icon, but she’s also very contemporary, totally embracing new technology,†says Mike Bettison, interactive marketing manager at General Mills. “She wants her trusted recipes to be at everyone’s fingertips, available on every device, including iPhone and desktop apps, and now the iPad.â€
For a minute there he had me thinking Betty Crocker was real! If this app can actually teach me to cook something edible for once, then Steve Jobs could be right about the iPad being magic!

Source: General Mills

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this app can actually teach me to cook something edible for once, then Steve Jobs could be right about the iPad being magic!
You really need this book!
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Boil-Water-LASTFood-Network-Kitchens/dp/0696226863]How to Boil Water[/ame]

JoebinXXX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SOOOO.. Whats the best cooking app on the market right now?? I have "big oven pro" But whats the best one??

Most reactions