What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found Back case that fits the smart cover

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickso said:
I the XGear cover slippery in the fingers or is it kind of tacky?
Also, I can't tell from the pic, but is the back of it flat or does it have ridges?

I have the Marware cover that works with the smart cover, but I don't really like the feel of it, and it has 2 ridges running down the back of it.
I still have time to send it back if I want.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Its a flat as the ipad but has a lot more grip and is flat black and the lip on the front Is a gloss black the match the black on the screen . I think it feels so good it should have came with this cover and the. Smart cover from apple

Last edited:

gifty74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bummer. I had high hopes for the Marware case. Been eyeing that up since it was released. I was planning to check one out but I too will not like the ridges if they are noticeable when holding it.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Xgear is more money, but you get what you pay for. Almost invisible, works well with the smart cover, and you can get clear.

oscarrod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came across this thread again. Looks like the price was lowered again.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine in clear and sets my unit off great. Wonderful protection and compliments my red leather smart case. Forgot to mention the price was great also.

lukeskywalker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
casewisestore.com offers their TPU case. Only $11.99. I got it today. It is awesome product, very thin and very high quality. It just fits well.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xgear is more money, but you get what you pay for. Almost invisible, works well with the smart cover, and you can get clear.
The XGear back was the first one I tried. It offered "ok" coverage, and has some sharp edges around the cut-outs. I then tried the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy, and it's a much better back cover for less $$ than the XGear. Better coverage and no sharp edges. And the colored models I have match the Smart Cover perfectly, at least the gray and black CoverBuddy models.

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rlarson_mn said:
Ordered mine in clear and sets my unit off great. Wonderful protection and compliments my red leather smart case. Forgot to mention the price was great also.

What great taste you have because mine is exactly the same, Red leather smart cover and the clear back cover looks great and you can see the Apple just lovely....

Most reactions