What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That looks so good, it reminds me of something Jamie Oliver would cook on his show.

THANKS! I told my wife (Suenc) to take a look and describe the recipe - believe a mustard Dijon crusted topping and simply roasting in the oven - BUT, the important goal is to take the rack out @ the right time, which she did! Dave :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This morning's brekky:

Just great to be able to go out to the backyard and pluck a fresh aromatic grapefruit straight off a tree. This one I had for my breakfast this morning. It was quite a good size, here compared to my iPad.....

nazaryre.jpg

It was nice and refreshing to have before my morning egg and toast. Toast with butter and Vegemite, and a piece with cream cheese and English orange marmalade, rounds it off nicely.

e4adyvaz.jpg

Definitely has to be a runny soft-boiled egg, for dipping toast therein:), (with my favourite Humpty Dumpty egg cup of course;)) and a mug of freshly ground Guatemala medium roast, to round out the brekky.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This morning's brekky: Just great to be able to go out to the backyard and pluck a fresh aromatic grapefruit straight off a tree. This one I had for my breakfast this morning. It was quite a good size, here compared to my iPad..... It was nice and refreshing to have before my morning egg and toast. Toast with butter and Vegemite, and a piece with cream cheese and English orange marmalade, rounds it off nicely. Definitely has to be a runny soft-boiled egg, for dipping toast therein:), (with my favourite Humpty Dumpty egg cup of course;)) and a mug of freshly ground Guatemala medium roast, to round out the brekky. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

And what a great breakfast you had Andrew!

Lovely looking grapefruit too!

And it's good to see Bundy smiling out from your iPad!

I haven't had vegemite in the longest time and I find myself hankering for some now, so guess what I'll be having in the morning now! ;)

Oh and I so agree, boiled eggs must be soft to dip those 'soldiers' in! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a nice looking grapefruit, Andrew. Bundy looks like he's staring straight out of the iPad screen at it.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a nice looking grapefruit, Andrew. Bundy looks like he's staring straight out of the iPad screen at it.

Thanks. If it's food it's a good bet he would be staring at it;) I always have to laugh when we feed him. We open a "gourmet" small tin of "my Dog" which might be "free range turkey supreme with cheese topping" visualising the hours spent around the company's board table designing the contents/packaging and what would appeal to the pooch's owners, only to put down the bowl and it’s gone within four seconds. Doesn't even touch the sides;) He'll eat anything any time anywhere!
(Well this IS a food thread lol)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I made Gordon Ramsay's spicy potato breakfast pancakes today. He posted a video on youtube showing how to make it. Its a really unique breakfast choice. Its really savory, a filling breakfast. Took me a couple of tries to make it look as good as his and definitely not there.
GordonsSPICYPANCAKES.jpg

Picture doesn't do it much justice because the potato magic is inside. Try it out if you have time in the morning.:)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made Gordon Ramsay's spicy potato breakfast pancakes today. He posted a video on youtube showing how to make it. Its a really unique breakfast choice. Its really savory, a filling breakfast. Took me a couple of tries to make it look as good as his and definitely not there. Picture doesn't do it much justice because the potato magic is inside. Try it out if you have time in the morning.:)

Wow! Are you kidding, they look delicious! ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well the other day, Susan was at our local seafood place and found some Frog Legs - we've enjoyed these for decades but just not always available - AND, yes the meat is like chicken but w/ more funny looking bones - served w/ a tasty ratatouille (mainly zucchini, eggplant, onions, & tomatoes) - had a delightful sparkling wine (bought at Shelton Vineyards on our way home from the West VA trip) - reminded me of a funny cartoon that I've posted online before (likely familiar to some) - Dave :)
P1010896.JPG FrogsLegsCartoon copy.JPG SheltonBlancDeBlanc.jpg

Youssry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made Gordon Ramsay's spicy potato breakfast pancakes today. He posted a video on youtube showing how to make it. Its a really unique breakfast choice. Its really savory, a filling breakfast. Took me a couple of tries to make it look as good as his and definitely not there.
GordonsSPICYPANCAKES.jpg

Picture doesn't do it much justice because the potato magic is inside. Try it out if you have time in the morning.:)

:thumbs: :eek: :p

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everything looks so delicious? Mighty jealous. Drinking a cappuccino and a piece of homemade banana bread with apricots. Yum!

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to the produce market this morning and found some great looking rhubarb. We don't get fresh rhubarb here in Florida very often since it grows
image.jpg
mostly in the northern states, we can' t grow it here. I made a pie from it using just the rhubarb, most people like it made with strawberries but I like it on it's own.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bet that pie tastes good - my maternal grandmother was the pie maker when I was growing up and made tasty rhubarb pies, but my favorite was her pumpkin pies @ Thanksgiving - I use to help and it was from SCRATCH! I'd have to clean out (and de-seed) the pumpkin - dough/crust w/ the basics and had to whip the cream (my first attempts turned into butter but eventually I got the timing down) - Dave :)

Last edited:

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bet that pie tastes good - my maternal grandmother was the pie maker when I was growing up and made tasty rhubarb pies, but my favorite was her pumpkin times @ Thanksgiving - I use to help and it was from SCRATCH! I'd have to clean out (and de-seed) the pumpkin - dough/crust w/ the basics and had to whip the cream (my first attempts turned into butter but eventually I got the timing down) - Dave :)

Thanks, I'm going to slice it up after dinner. Pumpkin pie is one of my favorites and when you use fresh pumpkin it is all that much better. We get these great little French pie pumpkins here in the Fall and it makes a great pie although it does take allot more work than opening a can.

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well the other day, Susan was at our local seafood place and found some Frog Legs - we've enjoyed these for decades but just not always available - AND, yes the meat is like chicken but w/ more funny looking bones - served w/ a tasty ratatouille (mainly zucchini, eggplant, onions, & tomatoes) - had a delightful sparkling wine (bought at Shelton Vineyards on our way home from the West VA trip) - reminded me of a funny cartoon that I've posted online before (likely familiar to some) - Dave :)
LOL, we LOVE frog legs :). Do you have the name and address of that restaurant ? Perhaps we would stop by next time we visit our loved ones in NC. We have not had frog legs for a long time, 15 - 20 years. Most places would serve them fried which we don't like. The only place that we found to be the best, was a Chinese restaurant in Nashville, Tenn. They served them in sauce, similar to pot roast in most restaurants or buffets. The meat was juicy and most delicious. Since then, we lost the address and have not been able to find it when we visited the town later one.
If anyone happens to know the restaurant, please let us know. ;)

In the mean time, I'd like to introduce everyone to our favorite. This is home grown and home cook.
Bitter Melon
My wife simply stuffs them with ground pork then cooks in beef broth.
This would require an acquired taste to enjoy. But there are several other benefits:
. Bitter melon serves a nutritional punch, offering iron, twice the beta carotene of broccoli, twice the potassium of bananas, and twice the calcium of spinach. It also contains high amounts of fiber, phosphorous, and Vitamins C, B1, B2, and B3. Source: http://bonnieplants.com/growing/growing-bitter-melon/.
. It is a very effective method for controlling blood sugar.
. They are easy to grow. We grow them along the fence.

Bitter Melon_1.JPG

. Fruits are ready within 2 months. We have them from June thru Oct
Bitter Melon.JPG

This one is 1 1/2 lbs

Bitter Melon_3.JPG

Normally, twice a week harvest.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
LOL, we LOVE frog legs :). Do you have the name and address of that restaurant ? Perhaps we would stop by next time we visit our loved ones in NC. We have not had frog legs for a long time, 15 - 20 years. Most places would serve them fried which we don't like. The only place that we found to be the best, was a Chinese restaurant in Nashville, Tenn. They served them in sauce, similar to pot roast in most restaurants or buffets. ......

If anyone happens to know the restaurant, please let us know. ;)

Hey Mydave - are you referring to the 'frog legs' dish I posted? If so, the restaurant is my house and the chef is my wife (NCSue here) - ;)

In Winston-Salem, there is a local seafood place (called Sea Products) - rarely, the owner has frozen frog legs - she just sauté the legs w/ oil, fresh garlic, and lemon (may have first dipped them in flour?) - a little 'hotness' would be nice along w/ a herb or two? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts