What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folio style cases with notebook

Dav555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have an iPad 2 with smart cover. I want to use the iPad 2 more at work in meetings for taking notes, either using a stylus and app like noteability or by typing using Evernote.

At the moment I don't seem to be able to break away from my traditional notepad and pen when going to meetings, therefore i am looking for a folio filofax type case that comes with a notebook and pen holder that I can put my iPad and smart cover in and take this along with me. I will be more likely to turn the iPad on and use it in the meetings if it is with me (along with pen and paper).

I would ideally like to be able to quickly and easily remove the iPad from the folio so when I am at home I don't have to sit with the folio on my lap when using it. Even better if it is compatible to store the iPad + smart cover in the folio.

I have come accross the following:-

Frappedesign executive folio for ipad

This looks perfect but don't know if it's too big. Also read a review that it's quite cheap. Also they don't seem to be available anymore??

The other I keep going back to is the booqPad

I prefer the look and style of this one but getting the iPad in and out seems maybe a little too much effort and there is no option to use smart cover or type in landscape.

Are there any others out there that you know will fit my requirements?

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks

OP
D

Dav555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That looks like quite a nice case and yes it does get good reviews. I like the fact that you can put a notepad in along with other accessories.

I also like that you can take out the ipad for when you don't want the full case, however I would prefer a case where the ipad is still naked when taken out or maybe will fit into the folio with a smart cover still attached.

I'm happy to hear further suggestions if there are any suitable?

Regards

Matts12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you check the Evio Harmony case. Very stylish high quality folio case.

Attachments

• Evio_Stone3_Medium.jpg
    Evio_Stone3_Medium.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,809
OP
D

Dav555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you check the Evio Harmony case. Very stylish high quality folio case.

Looks nice but doesn't look like you can carry a notepad and pen along with you, unless I can't see where it would go?

I'm looking for a folio to slot my iPad in to make it easier to take to a meeting. I am about 90% paper notes at the moment but am looking to swap to more iPad notes but still need to keep a pen and paper with me??

I want to be able to easily remove my iPad from the folio when I get home as want to use the iPad naked when not in meetings.. Any other suggestions, keep them coming as happy to take a look at all of them..

Thanks

OP
D

Dav555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Booqpad For iPad 2 with smart cover??

I'm looking at purchasing a booqpad for iPad (see link below) but wondered if anyone had used one and what is your feedback?

Also, I like my smart cover on my iPad and want to use this when not in meetings but when in meetings I want to have my iPad in the booqpad. I also plan to carry it around (to and from work) in the booqpad. Will the smart cover fit anywhere in the booqpad so I can keep this with me (I would like to use the notepad also)? Or will the iPad slot into the booqpadwith the smart cover attached (open or closed)?

Are there any other alternatives worth looking at?

I would like to order tomorrow so would appreciate if you could let me know tonight?

Thanks
Mark

OP
D

Dav555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone answer the previous post please?

Regards
Mark

TommyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the booqpad case for my iPad2. I spent some time looking at reviews of such things, because I also really wanted to be able to sit a pad of paper next to my iPad, for taking sermon notes at church and such. It's good quality contruction. I didn't buy the real leather one - I got the Booqpad Agenda black/grey. Nice feel to it. Interior is suede-like faux leather. Exterior is a soft padded leather with a nice rugged snap. Fairly light. iPad fits snug, but not a chore to remove. Access to all buttons but only front-facing camera (big deal). Comes with a standard A50 notepad, so that'll be easy to replace when it's used up. Has a pen slot. The notepad slot is on top and on bottom (look at thebooqbags.com website to see what I mean), so it's good for righty and lefty. If you want, you can also fold the whole thing around and just have the notepad on top (iPad will be resting screen-down on your table or knees, if you follow).

Thought I'd put in my two cents.

OP
D

Dav555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the booqpad case for my iPad2. I spent some time looking at reviews of such things, because I also really wanted to be able to sit a pad of paper next to my iPad, for taking sermon notes at church and such. It's good quality contruction. I didn't buy the real leather one - I got the Booqpad Agenda black/grey. Nice feel to it. Interior is suede-like faux leather. Exterior is a soft padded leather with a nice rugged snap. Fairly light. iPad fits snug, but not a chore to remove. Access to all buttons but only front-facing camera (big deal). Comes with a standard A50 notepad, so that'll be easy to replace when it's used up. Has a pen slot. The notepad slot is on top and on bottom (look at thebooqbags.com website to see what I mean), so it's good for righty and lefty. If you want, you can also fold the whole thing around and just have the notepad on top (iPad will be resting screen-down on your table or knees, if you follow).

Thought I'd put in my two cents.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think you could put the iPad in the booqpad with an apple smart cover still on covering the screen or even folded back?

Most reactions