What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folders in latest VLC

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the latest VLC which has folder creation facility, how do I - 1/ Create and name a new folder 2/Direct files from DropBox into that folder? TIA

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To create a folder, tap the Edit in the top right, then click the folder icon in the bottom left. It will offer you a new folder and for you to name it.

Download your file using the Dropbox option. Once in your file system, click the Edit, select the file you want to move, click the folder icon at the bottom, click the folder you want to move it to.

The move to folder instructions appear inside the empty folder once created.

I agree, the process is not intuitive to start with.

OP
K

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks heaps dh. However as far as I know there is no facility to play continuously consecutive files in an audiobook. But wouldn't this facility be required/desirable with music files? Do the mp3 files of an audiobook need to be in their own playlist with the book title as a playlist name. Colour me confused.....

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks heaps dh. However as far as I know there is no facility to play continuously consecutive files in an audiobook. But wouldn't this facility be required/desirable with music files? Do the mp3 files of an audiobook need to be in their own playlist with the book title as a playlist name. Colour me confused.....

Apparently, each folder doubles as a playlist - not sure if that helps. Don't know too much about audiobooks, nor have I used VLC extensively.

Most reactions

Latest posts