What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipboard

Arsohoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a quick question on how the FlipBoard actually works? How are the data being pulled out or rather what's the technique being used to pull the data in to iPad? Few says its just RSS feeds and few something different, Can anyone there point me in right direction?

Thanks.

V1V1D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed on the best app for the ipad. I think the concept is kinda what twitter is like, you have favorite sites and it combines them into one place. What ever it does, it does well though.

FlipboardCM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

Glad you're all enjoying Flipboard. To answer your question, Arsohoh, Flipboard uses a combination of RSS and Twitter to generate content. We also have Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instragram, and Google Reader integrated into the Flipboard, which provides a great deal of content as well.

Feel free to visit our official support forum if you have more questions or any suggestions. Feedback is always welcome and helpful.

getsatisfaction.com/flipboard

Thanks!
FlipboardCM

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just downloaded the Flipboard app and it's great. My only query is there is some feeds that go into say "News" which don't interest me. Ie if I don't want news from New York times, how do I remove this from feeding into the News board?

I hope that makes sense.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im a huge flipboard fan,not sure how you do that but i will have a look at mine.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Used to be a fan of Clipboard when it first came out but now i never use it. Feels clunky.
Much prefer the speed and presentation of apps like Pulse where you have greater control of your sources.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It works the same way as deleting apps. Tap and hold on one of the feeds. An 'x' will appear at the top left corner of all the feeds. Tap it to delete the feeds you don't want.

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to share information that flipboard eat a lot of your storage and causing your storage capacity drain everyday. Currently they have the version 1.5.1 but seems this problme still not solved. I really hope they can solved this problem soon because i also love this apps. Just for your information. Thanks

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do agree that flipboard is the best apps so far, but did you knowthis apps eat a lot of your storage capacity everyday. I hope the flipboard team will fix this problem. Fyi im using the newest flipboard 1.5.1 and still haing thisnexperience of storage leaking.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to share information that flipboard eat a lot of your storage and causing your storage capacity drain everyday. Currently they have the version 1.5.1 but seems this problme still not solved. I really hope they can solved this problem soon because i also love this apps. Just for your information. Thanks
havent heard anything about it,haven't noticed it either,has anyone else?

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't noticed and I'm running on very low storage now due to only having. 16gb iPad. I love Flipboard, it's really good for Facebook and Twitter too.

Most reactions

Latest posts