What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fling Tactile Game Controller Launched for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zNbYpscv-8[/ame]​

One of the main things that puts some people off iPad gaming is that they can’t get to grips with not having a physical joystick or controller and having to use touch-screen controls. Now, CrunchGear reports, a company called Ten One Designs has come up with the ingenious idea of a tactile game controller that can be attached to the iPad’s screen with little suction cups. The Fling is made of a clear material to provide the best view of what’s underneath, becoming even more unobtrusive once the iPad screen illuminates, and the part of the Fling that is attached to the iPad’s screen is made up of a material that has similar properties to your finger tips. The Fling, which costs $24.95, will work with any game that has a virtual joystick according to Ten One Design. So if you fancy a Fling, you can add your name to the preorders list by clicking here: Fling Game Controller

Source: CrunchGear: Fling Brings Joystick To The Top Of The iPad

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read about this at Macworld and it said it was one of the best in the show at Macworld Expo 2011. Has anyone tried this? I'm concerned how easy/hard it is to take it off the ipad and how responsive it is when playing games.

relsonga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's brill

The fling is brill, it makes you feel much more involved with the game that you are playing. It sticks on to the iPad with two little suckers which are easy to remove, just make sure you pull it off from the sucker and not by pulling the spiral as it may or may not damage it - I don't know yet. There are a list of compatible games which is being added to all the time by gamers and developers. Me thinks those people at Ten1 are very clever!

Most reactions

Latest posts