What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finger Gestures not working

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have been seeing you have to enable the new finger gestures in Settings> General. I don't see it in my settings. Seems like it would be default though. I have tried it five fingers, four fingers and six toes and still can't get it to work. And I can't seem to find a guide to help me. Anybody know of one?

Reaction score
OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The gestures are not part of the official iOS 4.3, so you won't be able to activate it under Settings.

There is a workaround and that is by using XCode on a Mac, details can be found here:
http://www.macstories.net/ipad/how-to-enable-multi-touch-gestures-on-ios-4-3-for-ipad/

It should be noted, that no account is needed, hitting cancel at that step is enough to enable the gestures.

Wow, I have been hearing about this near constant for 4.3 and was certain it would be in it. Was really stoked about it too. And I'm still saving up for a Mac. But thanks for the info.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this have to be done on a Mac? I've been looking at this be hesitant to venture out and try it. But the finger gestures seem much more convenient. Has anyone on the forum tried this yet?

Most reactions

Latest posts