What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find my ipad? Oh really?

rockerchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it rather ridiculous that the find my iPad/iPhone feature can be turned off without having to use a password. What's the point? If anyone can turn it off it's useless. Why isn't this feature password protected?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not much of a feature IMO. My iPhone can't find my iPad when they are sitting next to each other.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can password protect the entire iPad, which if you are afraid of someone grabbing it would be smarter than just protecting one app.

And since they can simply turn the iPad off until they are ready to restore it, there is no way to prevent a savvy thief from getting around this kind of app. You'd have to be pretty lucky to catch the in the few seconds a well co-ordinated restore would take.

My iPhone and iPad find each other quite well. Even the iPad 2 worked fine, as long as it was connected to my network.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It works well for me, I know where hubby is at all times lol. How cool is that? Here hee

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ha! Never ally just got around to downloading the App. Found everything right where it should be. Sadly, my son lost his iPod2 and I can't use this to locate it:rolleyes:

OP
rockerchick

rockerchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not an actual app. It's a setting on the phone and if anyone wants to disable it they should have to enter my iTunes password. Not acting to use a password to protect my iPad, but just might do it. I like having fast easy access to all my stuff and I have nothing that needs to be hidden.

Most reactions

Latest posts