What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Accessories?

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I def have to agree with the Zagg Mate keyboard case, but I would get the Logitech version of it (which I have) because I've read it's constructed better. I would recommend getting something to protect the back though since there's zero protection for the back with the keyboard case. I'm using a gelaskin which I love and doesn't add any bulk but protects from scratches and scuffs.
The camera kit is definitely a must especially when the iPad 2 JB is released.

Reaction score
Logitech makes the Zagg mate, they just decided to add the name to the ipad2 model

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Be careful - USB, but not as your PC knows it. You can connect to a digital camera and download photos or videos only. No general file downloading - unless you jail break your iPad.

You can also connect a USB keyboard using the camera connection kit, and without having to jailbreak. Just click away the warning popup message and type away.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have more expensive accessories, but the one I like best is a $3 or $4 wire photo frame that I use as a stand.

I bent it in various ways, so it now grips my iPad without falling off, and I can use one of its swivel legs as a handle to carry my iPad around the house, up and down stairs, etc. It slips over my arm like a purse handle or can hang on a hook or nail on the wall if I like. It also rests stablely on my steering wheel while I wait in the car for people. I also use it on my knee (hands-free) when I'm waiting at the airport.

I got identical stands for my iPad 1 and 2, and my husband's iPad 1. I bent them to fit each model's thickness.

A few bucks very well spent.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I have more expensive accessories, but the one I like best is a $3 or $4 wire photo frame that I use as a stand.

I bent it in various ways, so it now grips my iPad without falling off, and I can use one of its swivel legs as a handle to carry my iPad around the house, up and down stairs, etc. It slips over my arm like a purse handle or can hang on a hook or nail on the wall if I like. It also rests stablely on my steering wheel while I wait in the car for people. I also use it on my knee (hands-free) when I'm waiting at the airport.

I got identical stands for my iPad 1 and 2, and my husband's iPad 1. I bent them to fit each model's thickness.

I would love a picture of this stand. It sounds great!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
the free mini stylus I got for giving a review on a leather case for the iPad

why do I like it, it's small, but it has the apple connector, so when not in use, you can just attach it to the iPad/iPhone connector port

have given more feed back to seller to actually remodel it so that you can attach the power supply plug through it

OP
suzanne2go

suzanne2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again, I am the original poster, thank you all for the great ideas! I got a stylus a couple days ago. Great habit to get into.

My kids got me a cover for Mother's Day! It's a for the back of my iPad. It's compatible with those Apple Smart Covers, for those that care. I like it a lot. Here's some info about it:

The Marware MicroShell Apple iPad 2 case
MicroShell iPad 2 case
...is an ultra-sleek, polycarbonate shell designed to suit up and protect the back of your mobile tablet against scratches and impact. With a stylish rubberized finish...more at the link.

I must add that the Camera hole cutout on the back is perfect, as is all the holes actually. Great case.

I am going to the Apple Store at Alderwood Mall in the next feew days, I'll come back if they have any new cool toys.

Suzanne

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Bweasel iPad stand is the a very useful stand. The sturdy 3 oz.Bweasel attaches to your iPad and is easy to hold, no matter where you happen to be; sitting, lounging, in bed, at work, and even standing up. Check out the video at Bweasel, Stands for Mobile Electronic Devices

That's funny. The three- or four-dollar wire photo frame stand I bent to fit my iPads functions very similarly to the Bweasel, except mine also can hold my iPads on my knee. Heck, for the price of a Bweasel, I can litter my house with my bent-to-fit stands.

ajayahuja

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi
Do u have pic if the same
Thanks

oscarrod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is the Smart Cover and a Smart TPU Companion case :)
ipad2_smarttpucolors.jpg

Smart Cover Companion Case - iPad 2 - Apple

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you are satisfied with your bent wire easel

The Bweasel iPad stand is the a very useful stand. The sturdy 3 oz.Bweasel attaches to your iPad and is easy to hold, no matter where you happen to be; sitting, lounging, in bed, at work, and even standing up. Check out the video at Bweasel, Stands for Mobile Electronic Devices

That's funny. The three- or four-dollar wire photo frame stand I bent to fit my iPads functions very similarly to the Bweasel, except mine also can hold my iPads on my knee. Heck, for the price of a Bweasel, I can litter my house with my bent-to-fit stands.

I am glad you are satisfied with your design, and I thank you for confirming that my commercialization of the bent wire easel concept was the right way to go. The Bweasel stand, like your description of your approach, is also able to rest on one's knee or a steering wheel (though not recommended while driving) and is also very convenient to use while in bed. The Bweasel is fabricated with coated 10 gauge steel wire that is very hard to bend resulting in a very secure support of the iPad at any angle. Also, the friction of the kickstand is adjustable, making it possible to use the iPad at extreme angles, if desired, while still maintaining a sturdy support. Many stands can be duplicated inexpensively by do-it-yourselfers with good results, but the Bweasel is a quality product that, I'm sure you will agree, offers more functions and conveniences than other commercially available stands and at an affordable price with no bending or assembly required. If you like your stand, you would love a Bweasel.

Thanks again for your comments.

Most reactions