What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Snubs iPad Because Mark Zuckerberg says it’s “Not Mobileâ€!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Fortune reports today how Facebook has strangely eschewed developing an iPad app for all these months since the iPad was released but has immediately released an app for the Samsung Galaxy Tab via the Android Marketplace the second the Samsung tablet arrived on the market. Well, yes, those Facebook folks are very busy, maybe they just haven’t got around to making an iPad app yet, you might be telling yourself, but it turns out that, according to Fortune, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said today that the reason there is no Facebook app for the iPad is because the iPad is “not mobile”! Which seems like a really, really strange reason to me!

Apparently Zuckerberg made the remarks when speaking to a group of press and developers at Facebook’s Palo Alto, California HQ today. According to Fortune’s report on the meeting, Zuckerberg said the following when asked when Facebook would be releasing an iPad app:

“The iPad is not mobile. Sorry if that offends Apple, it’s a computer.”

Over to you, Steve Jobs!

Source: Fortune

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f zuckerberg!

if your jailbroken just install fullforce from cydia, FB works fine with this natively!

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Wait, the iPad isn't mobile? Well, how the hell have I been using it every day on the commute to and from work or out while at lunch?

I bet the douche was splitting hairs at the form factor not being a screen the size of a thumbnail.

I use Social on my iPad for FB viewing. Works well.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I would agree with that philosophy. Why run a cramped mobile app when you can run the basic internet page and see all the goodies at once? I won't download a FB app if one ever appears.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how is it not mobile???? 14 hours battery life...size of a magazine....super lightweight...all touch...instant on.....sounds about as mobile as they come!

CHT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with post #5. I think what he is trying to say is why run a mobile phone type of app on the iPad, when you can use FB just as you would on your laptop, PC, Mac, what have you. Many forums I visit on my mobile phone have a "mobile" version, where as I can see them full featured on my iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with post #5. I think what he is trying to say is why run a mobile phone type of app on the iPad, when you can use FB just as you would on your laptop, PC, Mac, what have you. Many forums I visit on my mobile phone have a "mobile" version, where as I can see them full featured on my iPad.

I just use the site for facebook...but to say it's not mobile is just silly.

big_daddy_mpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's not mobile...

Then why does it go everywhere my Droid X goes? Sometimes, It is more convenient to use my Droid X...but if I have the time...I use my iPad. Obviously Facebook boy doesn't live in a real world, but one he makes up in his own mind! Is this why he changes Facebook format and feature regularly, with little consultation of the users?

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would loves to have a PROPPER facebook app because in Acari you cant use the chat and sometimes you have to zoom in to be sure to hit the right buttons.
Allen the facebook apps for the iPad (social, friendly, facebook HD) are ok, but the all have their bugs and problems

So come zuckerbeerg, don't be an ignorant a**hole and give us a proper facebook iPad app!

Most reactions