What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extremely hot iPad charger?

GreatBanter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a 13 year old that has an iPad air 2 for school. I am using the default charger that came with the iPad. There was no issues with the charger for around 8 months.

Within the last 2-3 months, I have been overnight charging as normal. I woke up one night to check for an important message and then I felt the charger.
It actually burnt me.
It still gets that hot now, sometimes even hotter.

I told my mother of this issue and I am no longer permitted rights to charging my iPad over night. I am not getting enough battery for school and I am failing work because my iPad goes flat in the day.

I am getting a 16,000mah battery pack for Christmas but I am a bit scared to see if my grades will hold until then.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Groot

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your iPad still under warranty? Your charger certainly sounds defective and should be replaced. The warranty would cover replacing a defective charger at no cost to you. The cost to buy a new charger is less than $30.00.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is your iPad still under warranty? Your charger certainly sounds defective and should be replaced. The warranty would cover replacing a defective charger at no cost to you. The cost to buy a new charger is less than $30.00.

@ Groot - agree w/ Scifan..'s comments, have your charger replaced if still under warranty; also have you tried another charging cable or tested the one being used on this charger w/ another one?

Also, there are plenty of third party wall chargers available (just check Amazon) at reasonable prices - I use an iGO w/ 2-USB ports, each putting our 2.1 amps which is needed for most effective iPad charging. Good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts