What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External harddrive backup suggestion!

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering the newest version of iTunes will not allow you to backup the apps, music, digital movie and other purchases on DVD's, I was wondering what external HD 500gb people would recommend. The computer I'm using to run iTunes is newer Sony Vio i5 w/ a 500gb HD.

I'm just fearful of losing all my purchases.

Thanks - ThePhotog

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Western Digital, the MyBook versions at home and their Passports for when I'm out and about.

The Archangel

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a wd as well. I got a 1 terabit at best buy on sale and I love it. If you want something more powerful and you're willing to spend the money I'd look into lacie. Their rugged portable hard drives are the best (IMO). I've never had any problems with them. I've only had minor problems with wd but id still recommend one.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been using a 500gb iomega drive for the last 12months....no issues whatsoever....

Most reactions