What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchange 2010 and Mail

Xandor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bsc-portal.com
I thought, cool, can use my iPad to connect to my exchange 2010 server at work, but I still cannot.

I setup the account, everything seems to sync correctly, but I keep getting a message that the connection to the server failed. I even tried erasing the iPad and set it up as a new one (not restoring from backup) and get the same problem.

I knew another person with an iPod touch with iOS4 and he could connect with no problems. I'm also seeing similar postings on Apple's support forums, but nothing clear on a resolution.

Anyone here have any suggestions? This has happened both at home and on my work network, and I can connect to the web version using safari.

hdunnigan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I thought, cool, can use my iPad to connect to my exchange 2010 server at work, but I still cannot.

I setup the account, everything seems to sync correctly, but I keep getting a message that the connection to the server failed. I even tried erasing the iPad and set it up as a new one (not restoring from backup) and get the same problem.

I knew another person with an iPod touch with iOS4 and he could connect with no problems. I'm also seeing similar postings on Apple's support forums, but nothing clear on a resolution.

Anyone here have any suggestions? This has happened both at home and on my work network, and I can connect to the web version using safari.

You said it seemed to sync correctly... what message gave you that impression? Did your IT department give you the server address and domain for your exchange server?. Were you able to double-check with them that this company informatio is correct? Just my intial thoughts.

OP
X

Xandor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bsc-portal.com
I work for the IT department, I know the information is correct. I've configured several iPhone 4s with no problems.

I have even configured iPads with our Exchange 2003 server (I'm on our Exchange 2010 server for testing) and they have worked with the same instructions I've used on my iPad.

I just cannot get my pad to sync.

"Seemed to sync" in this case merely means that after going through all the steps and putting the information in, I got no error messages or anything that indicates that there are any problems.

I even tried something I found elsewhere -- leaving the domain field blank and putting the username as domain\username. No go.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We use exchange server for our mails and calendar. It works perfectly - a really great user experience! Now, that being said, when we started to roll out iPhones originally, the network admin had to enable this somehow.

I don't know any more details than that: they had to do 'something' to allow it and it works great.

jeff2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I noticed that any users with Blackberry's and Active-Sync accounts will have issues getting configured on Exchange 2010. It appears to be a permission issue.

Dawaii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this issue. The iPad seemed to have trouble with authenticating against our exchange server, and would give the same behavior. I also could not use owa from safari, kept saying bad password. I used a pc to login to the mail account from owa, and then I was able to configure it on the iPad. The error was a 401.1 in the logs, bad auth. Can't explain why it happened, but those are the steps that made it work. If you can't log in with your account on the pc with owa, use an admin account then log in with yours.

Most reactions

Latest posts