What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel in the backgroun

M

moparherb

i just updated my iPad Air 2 to iOS 11.2.5 yesterday. Everything was going good until a few minutes ago I loaded an Excel spreadsheet and did some work on it. Then I closed it. Now my iPad screen has the Excel app n the background and I can’t seem to get rid of it. It makes the foreground colors very bad and the foreground is difficult to use. I have hard rebooted the iPad a couple of times but to know avail. It’s almost like Excel got caught between closing and staying open. I had used the app switcher and no apps are showing as open. This renders my iPad pretty much unusable for most stuff. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Now it seems that this screen is open in the background. What is going on? It’s like whatever screen it wants is in the background.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It sounds as if you may have gone into Slide Over Mode. Could you try dragging Excel to the left? Or try switching off Multitasking in Settings - General.

OP
M

moparherb

F60BE5D5-98D7-49EA-9290-4A792BF5C416.png
This is what my screen looks like. Active screen over an older screen

OP
M

moparherb

Well the “Geek Squad” says screen ruined by burn in. Happened almost instantly. Not much repair necessary reasonably. So I opted for the iPad Pro 10.5.

Most reactions

Latest posts