What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel capabilities on iPad

Toddal8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excel capabiliteson iPad

I would really like to purchase an iPad, but I want to make sure I can use it for creating Excel files. I need it for Quantitative Chemistry work (if anyone happens to be a chemist and understands what that entails). I need to be able to preform not only the basic Excel functions, but also the "Solver" and "Data Analysis" tools. I know there are apps and websites that can be used to create .xlsx files on the iPad, but do any have ALL these capabilities?

I hope someone knows about this! I have asked 2 Apple representatives, and a couple Best Buy employees and haven't had any luck with anyone knowing enough about excel to know what I was talking about. The best I got was to purchase a Macbook Air just in case I couldn't, but I REALLY don't want to spend the $1000+

Thank You!

You can send me an Excel file. Numbers on the iPad will open it. It will drop anything it does not supoort. I can then send it back to you and you can then see if it will work for you.

Toddal8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use dropdown lists in Numbers on the iPad all the time.
Numbers is the closest app. It will import Excel files as well as export Excel.

Most reactions