What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error message

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Occasionally get this error message when trying to access some messages on the forum. Can anyone explain what it means. It doesn't clear unless I switch the ipad off completely.
Y

image-2500865595.png

PS because of this error message I cannot respond to someone who answered my invalid email address question - apologies for this

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the parse error. It happens when members use emojis and the forum people are aware of it. Very annoying but we have to be patient and wait for the update to clear it. I suggest you use the website on safari until they update.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
This is the parse error. It happens when members use emojis and the forum people are aware of it. Very annoying but we have to be patient and wait for the update to clear it. I suggest you use the website on safari until they update.

Hi
Thank you for quick response. I only just discovered emojis about an hour ago and played about with them in a message to my friend, would this be the cause? However, I have had the same parse error prior to me discovering emojis, so how does this relate?

Still finding so many new things with my ipad2 which I have had since July.

Kind regards

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, it's happening on all our threads because some of them especially Anything Goes, are really long and they have emojis in the older pages. It's something to do with the IOS5 update and the app not being able to cope with them. They are fun aren't they? We are all missing them but to avoid the stupid error we have to put up with it for awhile. Apparently it's not easy to solve. The website doesn't have the same problem but I much prefer the app, don't you?

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Well, it's happening on all our threads because some of them especially Anything Goes, are really long and they have emojis in the older pages. It's something to do with the IOS5 update and the app not being able to cope with them. They are fun aren't they? We are all missing them but to avoid the stupid error we have to put up with it for awhile. Apparently it's not easy to solve. The website doesn't have the same problem but I much prefer the app, don't you?

Hi Hayles66

Yes, those wee things are great fun, and it was thanks to the forum I discovered them! Like you, I much prefer the app and always use it, not the website. Ah well, may have to head over to the other side to respond to my earlier question which I could not get in to.

Thanks again for all your help - and may as well join the party!

Most reactions