What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engadget review of iPAD2

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really glowing IMO ... with omissions and not so good because it should be more... in their opinion.
- Their GeekBench reports A5 clocks @ 800 ... specs say 1000
- no mention of mirroring advantages, but did mention HDMI cable
- No mention of 9 times better graphic performance and what it means to rendering.
- Still crabbing about the same beautiful display ... wanting retina et al.
- iOS4.3 is a great upgrade in browsing ... iPAD is faster also

- They did justice to the case induatrial design ... thinner especially ... still want lighter ... (but, Xoom sounded like a door stop ...has nothing to compare here)

- The folding cover was slick but their unit got scratched on the back... the magnetics worked well however.
- They said nothing about how nice a stand it becomes.
- They raved about Garageband ... iMovie okay but struggled a bit.
- Not impressed with the cameras...as always never good enough. But for video IP the cameras work quite well.

- and of course, they wanted more memory ... but they did like the pricing.

Bottom line iPAD2 is in its own class ... no competition, but they could not bring the review to say it is a substantial upgrade over iPAD (original) enough to emphasize that upgrade is a no-brainer ... like just get it ... you'll like it. (the latter is just my opinion)

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really glowing IMO ... with omissions and not so good because it should be more... in their opinion.
- Their GeekBench reports A5 clocks @ 800 ... specs say 1000
- no mention of mirroring advantages, but did mention HDMI cable
- No mention of 9 times better graphic performance and what it means to rendering.
- Still crabbing about the same beautiful display ... wanting retina et al.
- iOS4.3 is a great upgrade in browsing ... iPAD is faster also

- They did justice to the case induatrial design ... thinner especially ... still want lighter ... (but, Xoom sounded like a door stop ...has nothing to compare here)

- The folding cover was slick but their unit got scratched on the back... the magnetics worked well however.
- They said nothing about how nice a stand it becomes.
- They raved about Garageband ... iMovie okay but struggled a bit.
- Not impressed with the cameras...as always never good enough. But for video IP the cameras work quite well.

- and of course, they wanted more memory ... but they did like the pricing.

Bottom line iPAD2 is in its own class ... no competition, but they could not bring the review to say it is a substantial upgrade over iPAD (original) enough to emphasize that upgrade is a no-brainer ... like just get it ... you'll like it. (the latter is just my opinion)

Screw engadget, you can review it yourself tomorrow.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Yeah, I cant wait to see your review after you get your hands on it Dave, REALLY looking forward to it. Mine will be posted as well.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kingv84 said:
Exactly. I prefer to review things myself then write it down and post it on my fridge for everyone to read. :p

Anytime I post anything with my writing on it onto the refrigerator door causes my cats to pause, read and think "Oh, like he really KNOWS anything."

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys need dogs. Mine think I'm brilliant! (mostly because I can work a can opener)

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
chiffchaff said:
You guys need dogs. Mine think I'm brilliant! (mostly because I can work a can opener)

One of my cats is a huge Norwegian Forest Cat (arguably the largest breed of cat aside from Maine Coon). 20 lbs and he's not even a year old yet. He loves walks outside on leash and harness, plays "fetch" better than any dog I know, is crazy about potato chips AND...I've taught him how to DIP his chips. Yes, you read right: my cat DIPS his chips. Who needs a dog when your cat is TOTALLY cool AND he doesn't bark at the worst times AND he doesn't even need to be walked all the time just to do his business, etc.?

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions