What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

empty the inbox all at once?

brianmackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) - I'm new to the Ipad. I would like to know if there is anyway to empty the inbox all at once, not email by email.

thanks in advance

Bri~~

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) - I'm new to the Ipad. I would like to know if there is anyway to empty the inbox all at once, not email by email.

thanks in advance

Bri~~

I'd love to find out how to do this. I haven't found a way to do it and it might not be possible.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its not a complete delete of inbox but use the edit and check the emails quickly, then just hit delete all.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its not a complete delete of inbox but use the edit and check the emails quickly, then just hit delete all.

You have to check each item one at a time then use delete all??? It is easier to just hit the trashcan and delete them one at a time.

Let's hope Apple fixes this.

Breezyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get around it by filtering mail. The filter should select mail addressed to your email address. Example: To: xyz@ gmail.com . The action is "delete " . In effect, the trash folder becomes your inbox. Go through your trash. Save what you want in a folder. Theen press edit' then " delete all." in the trash folder. .... Alternative is to send filtered mail to a folder e.g., inbox2. Save what you want, then delete inbox2. Then recreate inbox2...

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NeilShapiro said:
You can't do that with Mail. That's the main reason I switched to AltaMail and replaced Mail in my dock with it. AltaMail allows you to select all messages in each mailbox or in your overall in box for deletion at one time. It also allows you to print wirelessly! A good app.

-- Neil
joyofipad - Welcome to The Joy Of iPad

Can you make your own folders in Alta Mail? And is it a stand alone app or does it piggyback on iOS mail?

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts