What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email/subscriber question

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I buy an app and subscribe or buy service through in app purchases, most of the time you will have an account on the app developers we'd site to access things such as an control panel extra.
Some services I have or like today, I might not want tomorrow.
My question is, rather than give the same email address I use for Apple ID, why not give an alias for that account in the event I cancel service with that app. Will this cause problems should I want to buy more service with that app, should I like it, given that service would be purchased through in app purchases? Sometimes you have to subscribe to several services to find one that works well and I don't like giving out the same username or ( email) that I use for my Apple ID.
THANKS/2112

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When using the in-app purchase method to upgrade an app, you have to use the same Apple ID and password you use for all iTunes and App Store purchases. This info is not shared with the app developer so there is no danger of the app developer gaining access to your Apple ID and password.

If you purchase content directly from the app developers website, such as audio books for the Audible app, you can use any valid email address and password you choose. It doesn't have to be connected in any way to your Apple ID and password.

OP

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your response
Actually I was more concerned about the app developers sending me junk mail after I cancel service, to the same email name as my Apple ID. These apps require an email just for misc. communication.
But GOT IT. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts