What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Problem

MJW422

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first started using Ipad2, I could access my email by going to my email page on the Internet through safari. That way, I could delete unwanted emails directly from the server. I have been doing this for several weeks. Out of a clear blue sky, my Ipad2 now redirects me to a mobile format when I open my email, which does not have all the options I had before. Is there a way get rid of the mobile format?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look all the way at the bottom of the mobile page that is loading. There usually is an option to switch over to a "regular desktop" version.

If that's not there, try copying the link from your desktop computer and pasting it into the iPad's URL address bar. That should force it to go to the same location your desktop did.

Many web sites forget that the iPad doesn't need the "help" of having stripped down mobile web sites. However, you can usually get around them by doing the above. At worse, try contacting the web master of that site and asking how to browse in a non-mobile form.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
M

MJW422

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried your suggestions, but they don't work. There is no choice for desktop or mobile on the mail page. I have tried using the computer, but it redirects it to the mobile page. I have contacted support at my online company, which is optimum.net, but they don't seem to be able to help. Thanks for our help. I am just frustrated when I can't work with my mail more efficiently.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using GMail, the desktop option is at the bottom of the mail list, all the way.

Otherwise, it depends on your provider. Not all of them give you the option to switch back to the desktop site.

The final solution is to get a third party browser like iCab Mobile or Atomic. In their settings you can change the browser ID to a desktop browser. The website will then deliver the standard page when you use that browser.

If your email provider has done this because they are also overhauling the desktop site, and it is no longer be compatible with mobile browsers, you may find things don't work as well as they used to.

Most reactions

Latest posts