What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email not updating on server?

mark6437

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be getting some of this wrong but basically when I read, delete, etc my email on a computer and then later check it on the iPad all the email I read and deleted on the computer is now new again on the iPad. Does this make sense?

Oh BTW I have had my iPad for about a month, its a WiFi only 32gig. I love it!

Thx
Mark
Hou TX

Last edited:

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you sync your email, via the wi-fi connection, or cable(or ...shudder....both?):) Also, what mail client do you use on your computer and mail "back end" do you have?

OP
M

mark6437

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"How do you sync your email, via the wi-fi connection, or cable(or ...shudder....both?)"

Not sure what you mean. I check my gmail, att mail, and comcast mail on my iPad that is hooked up to my wi-fi network.

"Also, what mail client do you use on your computer and mail "back end" do you have?"

I use gmail.com, at&t.com, and comcast.net to check my emails on the computer. No "client" Not sure what you mean by "back end".

Basically when I check my email on the iPad, all the email that I already opened while on a PC is now new again.

Thx
Mark

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know some of the internet email services such as you describe may not accept status updates by default...so the fact that a message was read on one device wouldn't necessarily be pushed from that device to the internet mail server Not sure where it is at but there may be an option\setting within the options of your email account(s) that controls how status updates are handled. Integrated email systems like Exchange( for example) do a little better job of handling status updates...but check out the settings in the online email account..there may be a way there to set it to accept status changes. This probably is a fairly common issue with internet email accounts. As far as the iPad goes, I left my iPad at work this weekend, so i cant check the settings on it,:eek: but it may have some settings in account options which allow one to specify the action to take(on the internet mail server) when you open or delete a message on the device..

Most reactions

Latest posts