What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit bookmark bar

Butchnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to shorten the names on the bookmark bar to show more places. I do not find a place to edit . Thanks

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Open Safari
Open the Bookmarks
The "Bookmarks Bar" item is there, open it.
Hit "Edit" at the top of the list.
To edit entries, hit the Entry and edit.
To move them, touch and drag the 3 lines on the right side of the list.

OP
B

Butchnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok where are the bookmarks ? What I see is the box with an arrow. New so bear with me tks

OP
B

Butchnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bookmark bar

when I open the book icon, it says history and there is nothing in there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap where it says Bookmarks

ipad77.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are seeing History because you are in the History bookmark folder. There will be a button at the top left of the list that says Bookmarks. Tap it and you will see a list of all you BookMark folders and any bookmarks that are in the top level.

This is how you get out of any folder after you have selected it.

To get to the bookmarks that are in you header select the Bookmarks Bar folder. Now tap on Edit in the upper right corner.

You'll see your bookmarks listed with a few gadgets. The red circle with a minus sign will delete the bookmark. The three line gadget on the right can be used to drag them up and down to reorder the bookmarks.

To edit the bookmark name tap on the name. You'll be taken to another menu where you can edit the name, actual bookmark, or change the folder it is in. Just tap on the field to start editing.

Wookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap where it says Bookmarks
I don't get the BOOKMARKS, only HISTORY / DATE / CLEAR HISTORY

I do have bookmarks saved and I also have links saved on the bookmark bar. I have tried turning the bookmark bar off but this window stays the same?

While we are in 'dumb question mode' how do I open/access the saved bookmarks please? I can add them but I can't access them?

Can you tell by now that I am a pc user that has just got his first apple device :eek:, in my case an iPad 2

Last edited:

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Touch the word "history" and it will go back one page, then touch the word "bookmark" to go back another page and you will then see the edit option.

Most reactions

Latest posts