What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

garybrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's e-mail was working fine this morning. Tonight she gets a message saying user name or password is incorrect. Anybody have any thoughts how this might have happened? Both my wife and I are not technically knowledgeable and don't fool around with this stuff.
Oh yeah we have the Ipad 4 .
HELP PLEASE!!!!!

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this before and it resolved itself so try the following.
Is your email accesible online like gmail or hotmail etc, i would check and see if you can log in using your safari browser. This way we can tell if its your email or the device.
If thats ok try to
Go to your settings app, then go to mail and ensure your settings are correct.
If it still does not work and you are sure its the device then
Close all apps by opening the taskbar (double click home button) once apps are closed then hold the power button and and home button together until the ipad resets and the apple logo appears. You should see it go back to your lockscreen after a minute or two and then try your mail again.
Always beaware you do not click on any suspicious links in emails as some are designed to steal your information login information so be sure to familirize yourself on changing passwords regularly especially if you have sensitive emails.
Hope this helps resolve the issue.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got to agree with above.....

Try logging directly into your email account via webmail to verify if it's your iPad/email app.
Once in a great while I have the same issue........turns out it's a Comcast issue and nothing to do with my iPad or email app.

Most reactions

Latest posts