What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E mail help

STRATOCRUISER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is my first Apple product.
I use Outlook on my home PC for my e mail. I have set up my iPad to use my e mail, but I do not see all my mail when using the iPad. If I have expanded a message on my PC to read it, it does not show up when I use the iPad to view my mail. Only new messages or old messages that I have not already expanded show up. I have searched all over to try and find out how to change this but no joy. Anybody know how to fix this?
Thanks.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you have to set up your email account on your PC to keep a copy on the server. I also have my email account on my iPad set to never delete messages from the server (under advanced email options).

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Rgsp. But I think you may have set up the mail options *on your PC* to remove messages from your email server. Depending on which email client you're using on your PC - Windows Mail, Outlook, Outlook Express or Thunderbird, to name but a few - you need to delve into the account options to make sure your PC does not remove the messages from the email server once you've read them.

Of course, if you read your email on both your PC and your iPad you have to decide which platform *will* be responsible for removing messages from your email server although, these days, you can probably afford just never to delete them.

As Rgsp says, you need to also make sure the iPad doesn't delete them or, once you've viewed them on your iPad, they won't be available to read on your PC. Ah - for the good old days - when everyone had just *one* computer.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep doing this - typing before I've restarted my brain. OK - I see you are using Outlook and not all those other email clients I (spuriously) mentioned. If only my brain had a 'restart' button....

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions