What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon Coming to iPad?

gpaisnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On Monday Feb. 15 2010 it was announced that Nuance, the company behind Dragon Naturally Speaking on the PC and Dragon Dictate on the iPhone, acquired MacSpeech, a company providing speech-to-text solutions for Mac OS X.

Can speech-to-text for the iPad be far behind? That would be a big selling point for me. What do you think?

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dragon speech for iPhone will also work with iPad, not sure what makes you think it wouldn't... If they make an upscaled version, great, but I wouldn't think it should be much of an upgrade it at all to what already works on the iPhone.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you're fine having you voice recording sent to Nuances's sever and stored there indefinatly for improvements to their speech recognition system. If you look up the Dragon for iPhone/iPod you'll find those discussions.

I removed the Dragon App from my iPod, but am on the fense about Nuance's data storage pollicey. I guess just don't dictate sensitive information if that is something that would bother you.

Most reactions

Latest posts