What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloads

lesgrigsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased two entire seasons of a TV series. My new iPad 4, 32 gb does not have enough memory to play one episode. Message says to go to settings and change memory usage options. I did synch the new iPad with my iPhone 4 and used a lot of memory. Would buying more iCloud memory solve this problem?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased two entire seasons of a TV series. My new iPad 4, 32 gb does not have enough memory to play one episode. Message says to go to settings and change memory usage options. I did synch the new iPad with my iPhone 4 and used a lot of memory. Would buying more iCloud memory solve this problem?

Hi, welcome to iPF!

iCloud is used to sync between Apple devices and for backups. It's not (yet) possible to store folders, ... there. If you change your iCloud storage plan, you buy more place for backups, it won't enlarge the memory/storage on your iPad.

To get more memory, you will have to delete apps you don't use. If you need them again, you will always be able to download them again in App Store.

tanveers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with J.A.'s post, though it could easily become a hassle and an inconvenience to add and remove apps to allocate enough space for your TV shows. Before purchasing new memory/storage, I would consider trying to compress the file size of your TV series files folder. Either compress each episode's file size low enough to create room for your iPad to store them or possibly, even better yet compress your episodes to match the same criteria that the other content your iPad displays. For example: A QuickTime formatted video clip (.mov), which is lossless or uncompressed, and converting it to let's say M-PEG 4 format, which is highly compressed and has been used for years on phones and other mobile devices. When compressing any file, take note that you are likely to loose quality in the process because, miscellaneous and unnecessary archives folders will be eliminated through the process (Although you can recover and unzip the compressed files, keep a backup of the entire folder, until you understand how it operates).

Ben
EDITED
Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts