What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading Skype in additional ipad

lippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an ipad 2 with skype on it. I have now passed that I pad to my spouse, and have purchased a new Ipad 3. The Apple ID on my Macbook Pro, the Ipad2 and the Ipad is the same. I want to download Skype to the Ipad3 with its own different user name. But on going to the App store I see that Skype is already installed (on my iPad2).

How do I download Skype to the Ipad 3 so that I can register a new Username?

Lippy.

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know you will get a more serious response to this dilemma you have, but upon reading the first thought that came into my mind is don't worry.

Do you really think your spouse is gonna let you keep the new iPad lol

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an ipad 2 with skype on it. I have now passed that I pad to my spouse, and have purchased a new Ipad 3. The Apple ID on my Macbook Pro, the Ipad2 and the Ipad is the same. I want to download Skype to the Ipad3 with its own different user name. But on going to the App store I see that Skype is already installed (on my iPad2).

How do I download Skype to the Ipad 3 so that I can register a new Username?

Lippy.

You can put that app on the iPad3 using the same Apple ID. Using the iPad3 go to the App Store and find the app. It should say "Install" where it would normally say "Free." Apple has a record of all the apps you've bought so you could see three options: Buy (you don't have it anywhere), Install (you own it but it's not on that particular iDevice or Installed (it already is on that iDevice).

If you don't "Installed," press on the button and the app will download to the iPad.

You're right, it won't reinstall to the iPad that already has it, but it will go on the iDevice that doesn't have it.

Hope this clarifies. And good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts