What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading From Project Gutenberg ?

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Brand new user.
Have to admit that I'm not too sharp with all of this, but am sincerely trying to learn.

How please do I download books from the Project Gutenberg to my iPad3 ?

If you could provide the exact step-by-steps, would be most appreciative.
Assume you are dealing with a complete idiot.

BTW: who else besides this site should I look at for free books (and APPS) ?

Thanks,
B.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To my knowledge, you have to go through an app like iBooks or Kindle. The entire library is available in iBook.

Last edited:

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Robert11 said:
Hello,

Brand new user.
Have to admit that I'm not too sharp with all of this, but am sincerely trying to learn.

How please do I download books from the Project Gutenberg to my iPad3 ?

If you could provide the exact step-by-steps, would be most appreciative.
Assume you are dealing with a complete idiot.

BTW: who else besides this site should I look at for free books (and APPS) ?

Thanks,
B.

Hi Robert11 welcome to the forum-

The fastest way to get Project Gutenberg ebooks onto your iOS device is to use the Safari browser to navigate to http://m.gutenberg.org Download the EPUB format and then "open in" the preferred application.

The Apple iBookstore also contains most Project Gutenberg ebooks. Note that sometimes Apple's copy might not be the most recent copy from the Project Gutenberg site, since we often update our automated conversion procedures. If you live outside the U.S. you won't be able to access the iBookstore via the iBooks app.

You can also get Project Gutenberg's eBook files onto the iPad using iTunes. This article describes how you can use iTunes to add EPUB files to iBooks. This works primarily for EPUB files, and it also works well for Project Gutenberg's MP3 audio eBooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts