What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading a new ebook from Barnes and Nobles failing

dnaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll admit first off that I'm a new iPAD 3 user so this could be just me..... Last night using my new iPAD, using Safari to download a new ebook from Barnes and Noble website, after selecting the book I selected download but never got the confirmation pop-up. I get the pop-up with using my desktop computer, but I don't want to have to rely on the computer every time I want a new book. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a defect somewhere? And I know it could be with me, Barnes and Noble or the iPAD. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks

Don

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not downloaded Nook books to computer in ages, and I don't remember a popup. The interface on iPad is slightly different, but popup or not, the prob is if you can't download or open your book.

My experience with Nook books is that the downloads frequently fail. Knowing that, I usually give it a few hours or days and try again. That's why I opt to buy from Kindle/Amazon, because probs are rare, and customer support is good when they do come up.

I use the Nook app most frequently for their sometimes-free classics, with the nice intros with different perspectives. But often downloads fail, and even books I've previously downloaded have to be downloaded again for some reason not clear to me.

LaDeGray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've purchased a couple of Nook Books. Not having any issues. Make sure to tap and not double tap. You will get the same confirmation as you see on your desktop. It will then automatically update the nook app when you open it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'll admit first off that I'm a new iPAD 3 user so this could be just me..... Last night using my new iPAD, using Safari to download a new ebook from Barnes and Noble website. . .

Don

That was the mistake. Go ahead and purchase the book on Barnes and Noble, but don't download it in Safari. Instead get the Nook app from the App Store. In the app you will enter your Barnes and Noble ID and password. After that all ebooks you've purchased from them will show up in an online archive, and you can download them directly into the app.

This is also how the Amazon Kindle app works, if you happen to try it later.

Most reactions

Latest posts