What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Verizon Still Require the Separate MiFI

ryandykhouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am planning on purchasing the new iPad2 but I'm debating between services. I was an iPhone user but switched to Verizon's Droid last year because of service coverage.

I was excited to learn about Verizon's network becoming available to iPad users but don't like the concept of having to use the MiFI Hotspot in order to do so.

Does the iPad 2 have this solution integrated or do you still need this additional device to access the Verizon network?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan Dykhouse

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IT'S integrated BUT JUST BUY THE WIFI VERSION ONLY AND TETHER WITH YOUR DROID. ITS FREE AND EASY.SOME GOOGLE AND YOUTUBE RESEARCH WILL SHOW YOU EXACTLY HOW. THE IPAD 2 FOR VERZION HAS CDMA BUILT IN TO THIS TIME AROUND

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Supposedly, with new ipad2, solution is integrated into device. Apple has already said they have versions for att and verizon. So verizon 3g version more thn likely has radio chip n it to gice it data service vs. Needing a mifi device like previous generation.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tether tether:d

Thats exactly what i do ;-)
Was just answering the op question but good thinkn on saving $$$ with tethering...im so glad im under grandfather clause on att and still have unlimited data.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its capped off a 5 gb right(national average for mobile data)

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I'm still debating on whether to get the wi-fi only model or 3G Verizon. I'm leaning toward the wi-fi only because, I already have a Clear Ispot. The only reason I'm considering a the Verizon model is because of the coverage and, It's the only service that will work, that I can use inside my job on break.

OP
R

ryandykhouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I will use this device for business on the road so I will need 3G coverage.

Just debating if I wanted to rely on AT&T or Verizon for that service. If I needed to plug into a separate device for Verizon, that would make me lean towards AT&T.

Most reactions

Latest posts