What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this kind of App exist?

kiwichris83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to find something that I can use - Evernote looks good but it doesn't allow offline unless you pay a monthly fee so tats gone out the window.

Want something that allows me to write notes, either with a stylus or type notes - either on the same page or separately .
Also be able in the same app write on pdfs/documents etc that come in emails to gmail - be able to share the docs to this app then save the doc and send it back to whoever.

Also to be able to sync with mac (preferably same app on mac so i can use either system - or even iPhone would be perfect) and be able to back up to Dropbox or another cloud type of box if it prefers something else.

Linking to Google Calendars would also be a bonus but no big deal if not.

I;ve downloaded so many apps and nothing quite hits the mark and getting frustrated.

Would appreciate some help :)

Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually Evernote is the only solution I can think of that will do all, or nearly all, of the things you want. You'd have to use their Penultimate app for the hand written notes. Hold in mind that being offline only keeps you from browsing all your notes. You can always make new notes.

I long ago decided the premium fee was worthwhile. I don't, strictly speaking, need the extra features; but they are handy and I like to think I'm doing my part to make sure Evernote doesn't go out of business. Not that they seem likely to do so anytime soon.

Notability is often recommended by other members. From what I've read it will do most of what you want. You won't be able to sync or edit directly with the Mac, but you should be able to share finished PDF files via DropBox. Then again I could be wrong. It has a lot of features and I don't use it, so it might do more.

Most reactions