What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this app exist? (writing app + outline + Win desktop)

raindog308

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Scrivener, which provides an outline on the left and a word processor on the right. You can move blobs of text around and organize what you're working on. Great software.

However, for Windows it's just now in beta and does not support any kind of sync with iPad apps (and that is probably a ways away).

Is there any app that...
  • runs on iOS (for iPad)
  • has a Windows desktop counterpart
  • allows you to organize your writing with an outline/structure system
  • includes a way to edit (does not need to be feature rich)
  • syncs via Dropbox, Google Docs, or something else

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only one I can think of is Storyist, and it's another iOS/OSX combo with no Windows version. And it has index cards to the left, not an outline.

Final Draft is supposed to coming out with an iPad version, soon (though soon has been a month or two already). Final Draft -- Products > iPad > Index

If you can settle for writing without the outline to the left, there are lots of DropBox and compatible text editors. I'm not sure how much outlining they support, so do your research. Here are a few to start with. Dropbox Text Editors for iOS: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide

So I'm not really any help, but at least you know someone read your post. :eek:

OP
R

raindog308

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL...thanks twerppoet. For just editing text, yes, there's a bunch - everything from PlainText (free) to QuickOffice.

I think I'll just have to wait until Scriv Win gets it implemented.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. And I've added Srivener to my list of maybe apps, in case I ever do get off my procrastinating backside and try to write something. So thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Most reactions

Latest posts