What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Apple Books track what you read?

bcherry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read that Apple Books keeps track of what you read and even follows your eye movements to map which passages you spend more time on or read multiple times to get a detailed profile of you. Can Apple comment on that? Please don't give me opinions, I need facts. We all know it is possible (and easy) to save how much time you spent reading which page, it is possible to activate the camera to follow your eyes while you read, to detect if you prefer love scenes, violent scenes, political writings etc. etc. Is this true?

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would not work with me. My camera is covered at all times unless needed.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

To find out what Apple says, you’ll have to contact them. This forum is not affiliated with Apple. We are a community discussing iPads, or helping when there are problems with these devices.

With that said: Apple’s Books app isn’t allowed to access the camera, so that wouldn’t be possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts