What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone know how to reconnect when your ipad says "no sims"?

mbeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to reconnect when your ipad says "no sims"?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean your iPad has stopped recognizing your SIM card even though you have a data plan switched on? If resetting doesn't work, you probably need to talk to your carrier. Maybe there's something they can adjust on their end, or maybe you need a new SIM. Mine got corrupted once, and AT&T told me to get a freebie at an AT&T store.

If you have no data plan on (or have it temporarily switched off), just tap to ignore the message and use wi-fi, if you have that.

I often pull out my SIM, because I have an unlimited data plan and switch it between two iPads. So I regularly get a "no SIM card" message on the one without a SIM card. I just ignore, tap the screen and go about my business on wi-fi. I need only one SIM card, because I only take one iPad out of the house at a time. I just take whichever is fully charged.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The obvious first steps are to turn off and restart the iPad and to remove and reinstall the SIM card. Have you done both?

Most reactions