What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does 3G unrestrictor automatically configure the app store?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was dying to test 3G unrestrictor. I deleted angry birds which was reported at 57 meg. I turned wifi off and 3G on. I have 3G unrestrictor installed, but not configured. Tapping the app states, "unrestricting is not enabled." I then extra made sure, by disabling unrestrictor in sbsettings. I went to the app store and was able to re-download angry birds without apple telling me that 3g downloads are restricted to 20 megs. The download speed and my 3G usage prove that I really was on 3G.

Which of the following is correct:

Does 3G unrestrictor automatically configure the app store?

Did apple remove the 20 meg 3G app store download restriction?

This is the second test. I earlier updated Angry birds on 3G without problems. Thinking that perhaps the update was a patch <20 meg and not the full download, I tried the second test.

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ graywolf > Correct me if i am wrong : 3g unrestricted and My3G both have the same functionality, right ?

In your own oppinion, which tweak is better ? ..

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ graywolf > Correct me if i am wrong : 3g unrestricted and My3G both have the same functionality, right ?

In your own oppinion, which tweak is better ? ..

I wouldn't worry. If 3g unrestrictor is doing fine, then don't bother with the other ones. Unless they have have more features you like.
I personally can't recommend one, because I have a Wi-Fi only iPad.

Most reactions