What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use the default 'Sent from my iPad' signature?

Do you use the default signature on your device?

• Yes

Votes: 107 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 63 26.7%
  • I use my own signature

Votes: 66 28.0%

• Total voters

navpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my name, mobile number and the default signature. This is important in business so that recipients know that you're not sending the email from a full blown computer. It explains why the email may not be as complete, may not contain certain attached documents or other information only available from my office laptop.

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I don't. It was cool for about 2 seconds, and then I figured Apple didn't need any extra advertising from me.

Yeah, I enjoyed it for the first day... then deleted it... it might seem like showing off or something.

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my name, mobile number and the default signature. This is important in business so that recipients know that you're not sending the email from a full blown computer. It explains why the email may not be as complete, may not contain certain attached documents or other information only available from my office laptop.

I don't have much trouble with attachments...and I store everything in one cloud or another... so...

Legion93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed it to 'sent from my ipad 2' just in case when people actually read it and don't think that I'm using my previous ipad.

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I don't think apple needs any extra advertising. I also don't think that advertising my iPad to every Tom, Dick and Harry is good idea either! Let's not make ourselves robbery targets!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think apple needs any extra advertising.
I think about the "free advertising" idea now and then...but if I were really concerned I'd have to pull the brand logos off of our cars, clothes and...and...well...where would it end? :p

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Way back in the 80's I had a friend who wore his sweats inside out, because he was 'no man's billboard'. Of course you could still see the logos, and the seams, and fuzz, and loose threads. I guess it was a statement of sorts.

Asked why he just didn't buy generic brands. Apparently he wasn't committed enough to the ideal to suffer with lesser products.

As for me, there are more important things to worry about than whether I, or someone else, is playing billboard. If I didn't like the product I wouldn't use it, and so would not be recommending it.

Sent from my 27" iMac. :D

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I think about the "free advertising" idea now and then...but if I were really concerned I'd have to pull the brand logos off of our cars, clothes and...and...well...where would it end? :p

I don't think that is exactly the same, leaving the apple logo on the back of our iPad's is fine in my opinion, just like leaving other labels on our cars and clothes etc, but to make a statement after every message I send telling people I have an iPad and that it is capable of sending e-mails is basically advertising the company to everyone! It would be like every time you go to the petrol station to fill up your car telling the people who work there what car you have and what it can do! Haha :p

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't think that is exactly the same, leaving the apple logo on the back of our iPad's is fine in my opinion, just like leaving other labels on our cars and clothes etc, but to make a statement after every message I send telling people I have an iPad and that it is capable of sending e-mails is basically advertising the company to everyone! It would be like every time you go to the petrol station to fill up your car telling the people who work there what car you have and what it can do! Haha :p
Well...your car is actually telling people what brand it is and more-or-less what it can do (badges, stripes, yadda, yadda). When I'm following you down the road I can't help but see it. It's not annoying to me at all and I don't mind the "advertising". Sometimes that sort of thing helps me consider buying something...or not. :p

Personally I'm a bit of an Apple evangelist and I like people to know that I'm using my iPad or iPhone to send an email. That's started more than a few discussions and I've made a lot of converts that way. Even my Linux loving Apple hating brother in law is now interested in buying a Mac Mini I'm selling now. ;)

andjoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name, sent from my iPad 3
Yeah? Any good? What's the battery life like? Is it running iOS5 or 6? How much thinner from the first is it? Did they reduce the screen size? So many questions with undoudtful answers LOL

No I remove the sig, it's just in the way when you goto compose a new email. It's on the top of fwd or reply emails rather then under. So it's just a pest ;)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Earings on a pig

Theres enough rubbish on the interent without adding to it .......

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I usually remove it, eventually, when I get around to it.

Sometimes, when one of my worst typing disasters get posted I think maybe I should have left it, just as an excuse.

Haha classic!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions