What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do iPad 3G work with other carrier than ATT

mcbrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Europe is a little different than the US. Prepaid/reloadable SIM cards are the norm. You can pick them up at airports and at tobacconist shops (at least in the Czech republic). I have only used them with my unlocked Motorola phone... I have yet to travel overseas with my iPad.

Orange in the UK announced a number of plans... including a 3 gigabyte monthly plan for £15, or about $22US.

george

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick Update. Everything is still working perfectly. No worries with loose card - fits snugly if cut correctly. Also speed is really great (compared to iPhone 3GS).

Only thing, because we have the iPad before the official launch in Europe:
1) No iPad apps are available from Apple! So no iWorks, or iBookshelf etc. Of course, if you have a US account then you can buy Apple iPad apps. Also I'm referring here to Apple iPad apps not other vendors iPad apps.
2) you can't access the app store from the iPad - you can access and buy apps only from the computer that it syncs with

This will change when they are officially launched in europe
Hope this helps

/George

Last edited:
OP
I

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multiple iTunes Account

Quick Update. Everything is still working perfectly. No worries with loose card - fits snugly if cut correctly. Also speed is really great (compared to iPhone 3GS).

1) No iPad apps are available from Apple! So no iWorks, or iBookshelf etc. Of course, if you have a US account then you can buy Apple iPad apps. Also I'm referring here to Apple iPad apps not other vendors iPad apps.
2) you can't access the app store from the iPad - you can access and buy apps only from the computer that it syncs with

Hope this helps

/George

hola Hombre, you are wrong la

read my post how to have access to US iTunes account and enjoy all good US app’s

george

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hope this helps

/George

hola Hombre, you are wrong la

read my post how to have access to US iTunes account and enjoy all good US app’s

Ok I'll give that a go and report back. Thanks :)

Most reactions