What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difficulty Posting an Introductory Thread

Woko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. I signed up to iPad Forums today & was invited to post an introductory thread. Alas, I was unable to go to a new introductory thread so in lieu of an introductory thread I'm using a new thread to introduce myself.

I'm retired & use both an iPad Mini 4 & an iPad 2, preferring the former which I find extremely convenient. My wife is the tech genius in our household & I depend on her a lot to teach me how to get around all the foibles of the computer world. Unfortunately, I'm a slow learner. I tend to think rather rationally & find that computers & iPads are anything but rational with their constant redefinitions of words, inconsistencies & convoluted ways of organising data. So I need to become a lot more flexible in my approach to the computer world & lower my expectations of what it offers.

I use my iPads for reading books, newspapers & magazines, occasionally for emailing, checking bushfire information, checking sports results & participating in an environmental forum among other things.

My interests tend to the outdoors with ecological restoration, bird watching & cycling now at the top of my interests agenda. It's often to the outdoors that I retreat for solace when I'm frustrated after fruitlessly trying to get from A to B on my computer or iPad. So I may well be a frequent visitor here!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Woko!

This thread certainly qualities as an introductory thread started by you.

When you have any questions or problems, we'll do our best to help.

OP
W

Woko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for the welcome, scifan.

Most reactions

Latest posts